When done properly, this can be an extremely effective way to grow your online presence, reputation, reach, and ultimately get you closer to achieving your goals. Take your time and do things the right way, as that person is inviting you into their home, it should be treated with care, respect, and love.
Here’s 30 Reasons to Guest Blog Consistently
1. Improving the odds:
Anyone who wants to guest blog should submit as many blog posts as possible to multiple blogs, because it makes it that much easier for their own writing to get exposure. Multiple submissions to multiple blogs form the best strategy when it comes to tilting the odds in your favor.
2. Expanding audiences:
Guest blogging can bring audience members from one blog to another, in either direction. Potential audience members could be attracted to one specific post and visit a blog from there, or visa versa.
3. Creating diverse audiences:
Audiences of the main blog and guest blog may diverge in some ways. Both groups will potentially attract more varied audiences that way, and that effect becomes even stronger with each guest post submission.
4. Improving business relationships:
Guest blogging too many times on the same blog may be off-putting to the blog owners and the readers, who may prefer to get some fresh voices into the mix. However, guest blogging just the right number of times in the same location can help generate a healthy fan following and a good working relationship with the blog owners.
Blogging is like any other skill: it requires significant practice to achieve any level of excellence. Guest blogging allows even seasoned bloggers to get even more opportunities to try to refine their craft.
6. Developing a wide range of writing skills:
Some blogs require formal writing styles and long essay formats. Others encourage casual, breezy language and quick bullet lists. Guest bloggers who submit to all sorts of blogs will develop a diverse range of writing skills that reflect multiple tastes.
7. Developing other skills:
Successful blogging requires people with multiple abilities, including computer and social skills. Guest blogging gives people the opportunity to sharpen all their related abilities.
8. Relative ease:
Internet marketing strategies vary substantially in their level of difficulty. Guest blogging is a relatively simple way of getting your name out there, since it allows you to work with established web presences.
9. Education about Internet culture:
Anyone who wants to establish a successful web presence needs to be educated on Internet culture. People who stay within a limited social circle may not learn as much as guest bloggers who submit everywhere.
10. Increased opportunities:
Bloggers who are active in the blogosphere, especially as guest bloggers, are more likely to be in the right place at the right time in a shifting technical landscape.
11. Reciprocity: The blog owners will usually allow guest posters to include links directly to their own blogs, so some of their traffic becomes yours. Ideally, both groups help market each other’s blogs.
12. Work Experience: People are increasingly listing their blogging experience on their resumes, whether they plan to work online or not. Having multiple bloggers publish your writing reflects well on the quality of your writing to potential employers.
13. Subtle promotion: Blatant self-promotion tends to be off-putting, especially to an Internet public that wants to be entertained. Guest blogging allows bloggers to promote their own writing while giving the public interesting content and not directly selling them anything.
14. Good business habits: Anyone trying to sell anything on or related to their blog should be trying to attract as many customers as possible. Guest blogging is a subtle way of accomplishing that goal.
15. Social networking: Blogs start to develop their own communities with time. Social networking sites have made it possible for friends to get involved in their friends’ blogging communities, while members of blogging communities become each other’s friends elsewhere.
16. Being socially active: Bloggers who post widely throughout the Internet are perceived as being more social, which can improve their image with potential audience members.
17. Job networking: People have found potential employers through blog communities. Guest blogging can expand your potential networking pool.
18. Activism: Many guest bloggers use the Internet as an opportunity to engage in activism.
19. Exploring hobbies: Writing guest posts for blogs that cover your favorite hobbies allows you to directly participate in them in a new way.
20. Entertainment: Regulars at any given blog may appreciate the variety that comes from guest posts. Anyone who appreciates that sort of variety should encourage it.
21. Creating a portfolio: Internet writers who have written multiple posts in multiple areas have more diverse portfolios than those who stay niche.
22. Expanding niches: Some guest bloggers may be interested in ideas or hobbies that have limited exposure on the Internet.
23. Blogosphere growth: The Internet grows because more people contribute to it by submitting their own content. The more participants in the blogosphere, the more diverse it becomes.
24. Motivation: Guest blogging allows you to set small, reasonable goals, and get the energy to accomplish larger ones.
25. Self-expression: Guest posting on multiple blogs allows bloggers to express themselves in a wide range of places, potentially magnifying the joys of self-expression.
26. Self-reliance: Guest blogging still allows bloggers to be relatively independent when promoting their writing in what is still a fairly individualistic operation.
27. Stability: Blogs can get shut down, taking some of a blogger’s work with them. Bloggers with multiple submissions have a better chance of always having writing available.
28. Legacy: Bloggers who have a wide body of available work have made a broad contribution to Internet culture that is more likely to be remembered.
29. Inspiration: Guest blogging makes it easier to avoid writer’s block, since bloggers are constantly being exposed to new formats and new ideas.
30. Commitment: Bloggers who have posted in multiple locations for a sustained period of time are demonstrating their commitment to blogging to themselves and others.